As per the estimate of the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy, over 122 million people lost their jobs in India during the month of April. The year 2020 has given the economy a very severe blow and the same is true for the professional lives of millions of people. All this has made securing a job all the way more difficult in an already competitive world.
But the implementation of the right skills and knowledge can help guide you on this rocky path. One such skill is Python. Even though Python has been around for about 30 years, it is still extremely important for the people working in the IT industry as well as for those looking for a future in it.
What is python?
By definition, python is an interpreted, high level, and general-purpose programming language. It is used for a wide variety of tasks like data analysis and visualization, machine learning, automation. Python can be used by not only software developers and engineers but also by people ranging from different disciplines like data science, data analysis, and visualization, etc. because of its beginner-friendly nature, python is used by mathematicians and scientists to perform various tasks. You can learn the python through data science with python training
What are the different applications of Python?
Python is an extremely popular language that has a number of applications such as
- Web development
- Mobile applications
- Desktop applications
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Language development
- Software testing and hacking
The various reasons why python is chosen by most people to write codes are:
- Simplicity: python is a highly popular language and it is largely because of its simple nature. You can write and check a lot of codes recently.
- Beginner-friendly: people from various disciplines can use python to make their work easier and more efficient. One does not have to be a software engineer to use python.
- High–level language: python is a high-level language so it can be used easily to perform complex tasks easily.
- Cross-platform: python can be used to develop codes that work on macOS, Windows, etc.
- Multipurpose language: as mentioned above, python can be used to perform a wide range of functions.
- Community: python has been around for a very long time and there is a huge community of people who use this language. Therefore, finding a solution to an issue while programming is incredibly easy.
What are the different jobs that use python?
Python has been around for about 30 years but it is still widely used in a number of areas. Following is a brief description of the variety of jobs that an individual get after data science with python certification
- Entry-level software developer: entry-level software developers are a very good starting place for people looking forward to establishing their careers using python. Entry-level software developers work under experienced professionals and gain a lot of experience through practice.
- Quality assurance engineer: python is a must-have for a quality assurance engineer as their work revolves around testing software.
- Junior python developer: the work of junior python developer typically revolves around writing codes, integrating front end and back end interfaces, implementation of security and data protection of a website or application, etc.
- Python full stack developer: the work of a full stack python developer includes developing front and back end website architecture and infrastructure, creating servers and databases, designing and developing APIs.
- GIS analyst: the importance of python here cannot be stressed enough. Python makes the work of GIS users extremely convenient by streamlining their data analysis, getting rid of any redundancy, and much more.
- Senior python developer: the role of a senior python developer is to build efficient end features in Python, guiding and supervising the work of junior team members, supervising the process of testing and bug fixing of software.
- Data scientist: the work of a data scientist is to derive meaningful conclusions from the different structured and unstructured data they receive.
- Machine learning engineer: machine learning is extensively used in various industries ranging from manufacturing to healthcare. The work of a machine learning engineer requires extensive use of Python for various purposes.
The demand for python
Python is an integral part of the IT industry and is still immensely in demand. As a result of the versatile and dynamic nature of it, Python has become a must-have skill for anyone looking forward to a career in the IT industry.
Despite being in use for around 30 years, python is still widely used in numerous practices. Therefore, a clear and strong grasp of it is absolutely mandatory.